Original spelling: Wolfgang Stürzlinger
Research Areas: 3D and Spatial User Interfaces, Virtual and Augmented Reality,
Human-Computer Interaction, Immersive Analytics, Visual Analytics
- Four CHI 2019 submissions have been conditionally accepted:
- Mayra Donaji Barrera Machuca, Wolfgang Stuerzlinger, The Effect of Stereo Display Deficiencies on Virtual Hand Pointing
- Shota Yamanaka, Wolfgang Stuerzlinger, Modeling Fully and Partially Constrained Lasso Movements in a Grid of Icons
- Yue Jiang, Ruofei Du, Christof Lutteroth, Wolfgang Stuerzlinger, ORC Layout: Adaptive GUI Layout with OR-Constraints
- Ernst Kruijff, Saugata Biswas, Christina Trepkowski, Jens Maiero, George Ghinea, Wolfgang Stuerzlinger, Multilayer Haptic Feedback for Pen-Based Tablet Interaction
- Two papers about audio-tactile haptic feedback and haptic guidance appeared at ACM VRST 2018.
- Our new Immersive Analytics book is now published.
- A paper analyzing the effect of display size on Visual Analytics work appeared at BDVA 2018. It uses V4-Space, our very large display system. A second publication focusing on the utility of multiple workspaces for Visual Analytics appeared at the same event.
- We exhibited TIVES, the Temporary Immersive Virtual Environment at SFU (a cheap, non-permanent CAVE) at the #BCTech Summit 2018.
- My work around a new kind of virtual reality display system was featured on the SFU home page.
- A paper on a new model for steering (a cursor/pen) through successive pairs of obstacles was presented at CHI 2018.
- Two papers appeared at IEEE VR 2018. The first introduces two new gaze- and a cursor-based pointing methods for "wiggle 3D" displays, the second shows that even very simple reference frames improve spatial orientation.
- I gave an invited talk at the Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality for Space Science and Exploration at the Keck Institute for Space Studies at JPL, Caltech.
- A paper on new method to detect user reactions to incorrect auto-corrects appeared at ACM ICMI 2017.
- The Visual Analytics work of
Gökhan Çetin, one of my students, was featured in the FCAT blog.
- A paper on the effects of virtual arm representations on pointing in virtual environments appeared at ACM VRST 2017.
- I was part of a panel on Spatial User Interaction at ACM SUI 2017.
- A paper on the automatic generation of user interface layouts for alternative screen orientations received a Reviewer's Choice Award at Interact 2017.
- Two papers appeared at CHI 2017. One about a new characterization of the gorilla arm syndrome, press release, another about a steering model for path sequences.
- Older News
School of Interactive Arts + Technology
Simon Fraser University
250-13450 102nd Avenue
Surrey, BC V3T 0A3
Phone: +1 (778)782-7474
Direct: +1 (778)782-9916
Fax: +1 (778)782-9422
Office: Surrey 2788. Here are directions.
If you cannot access the image of my e-mail address: it is the initial of my first name followed by a dot followed by the initial of my last name followed by an at-sign and the university domain name (sfu.ca).
WWW page: http://ws.iat.sfu.ca