Original spelling: Wolfgang Stürzlinger
Research Areas: 3D and Spatial User Interfaces, Virtual and Augmented Reality,
Human-Computer Interaction, Immersive Analytics, Visual Analytics
- My group will present five papers at ACM VRST 2019,
on a novel, efficient text entry solution for VR,
a new type of guides to make 3D drawing easier,
an investigation of the benefits of (passive) haptics on interaction,
a novel object sliding method for VR,
and a study that shows that a pen is a better VR input device than a controller.
- At Graphics Interface 2019, I presented a keynote on "Better User Interfaces for Occasionally Failing Technologies", where I looked at the effects of recognition-based technologies, such as auto-correct, voice & gesture-recognition, and lane departure warnings, on user performance and proposed solutions.
- A paper about The Effect of Spatial Ability on Immersive 3D Drawing will appear at ACM Creativity & Cognition in June 2019.
- A paper about a new kind of tablet keyboard with color-coded visualizations and better editing options to correct errors (WiseType) and another about facilitating the selection and sliding of hidden objects in virtual 3D environments have been accepted at Graphics Interface 2019. The WiseType publication received a Michael J Sweeney Best Student HCI Paper Award.
- Four papers appeared at ACM CHI 2019:
- Mayra Donaji Barrera Machuca, Wolfgang Stuerzlinger, The Effect of Stereo Display Deficiencies on Virtual Hand Pointing.
- Shota Yamanaka, Wolfgang Stuerzlinger, Modeling Fully and Partially Constrained Lasso Movements in a Grid of Icons
- Yue Jiang, Ruofei Du, Christof Lutteroth, Wolfgang Stuerzlinger, ORC Layout: Adaptive GUI Layout with OR-Constraints
- Ernst Kruijff, Saugata Biswas, Christina Trepkowski, Jens Maiero, George Ghinea, Wolfgang Stuerzlinger, Multilayer Haptic Feedback for Pen-Based Tablet Interaction
- Our work on a back-of-device force feedback to improve touch screen interaction for mobile devices has been accepted at ACM Transactions on Haptics.
- Mayra Barrera's research on sketching systems was illustrated in a video.
- A paper on the effect of stereo display deficiencies in head-mounted AR and VR displays on 3D pointing appeared at IEEE VR 2019.
- Two papers about audio-tactile haptic feedback and haptic guidance appeared at ACM VRST 2018.
- Our new Immersive Analytics book is now published.
- Older News
School of Interactive Arts + Technology
Simon Fraser University
250-13450 102nd Avenue
Surrey, BC V3T 0A3
Phone: +1 (778)782-7474
Direct: +1 (778)782-9916
Fax: +1 (778)782-9422
Office: Surrey 2788. Here are directions.
If you cannot access the image of my e-mail address: it is the initial of my first name followed by a dot followed by the initial of my last name followed by an at-sign and the university domain name (sfu.ca).
WWW page: http://ws.iat.sfu.ca